- Despite the impact of the international crisis the rate of growth forecast for Peru is 6%.
- The internal demand, private consumption and investment in infrastructures are expected to grow by some 20% this year.
- The value of companies mergers and acquisitions are envisaged to break the barrier of 8 billion US$, which makes Peru, together with Colombia, the country most active in this sector of the economy in Latin America.
- The growth in cement consumption, as a barometer of the construction industry, is growing in the range to 12% to 25% on a month to month basis.
- The Government has launched a number of measures to accelerate joint public/private investments in the short term for a total of 15 billion US$. Some of the investments in the portfolio are:
● Extension of line 2 of the Lima underground transport.
● Longitudinal mountain road.
● Continuation of the express highway towards the South.
● Conversion of Avenida Javier Prado into an express highway.
● Construction of several hydroelectric power stations in several regions of Peru.
● Repair and conservation of bridges and highways infrastructure